Friday, June 26, 2009

3 Weeks To Go! Baby Rambles...

I have only a few weeks left before Rilan's due date! It's crazy to think how time has gone so fast in so many ways and in other ways it seems like an eternity I have been pregnant. My stomach is now very big....everyone asks when I am due, is this my first, am I having twins or they just look at my big belly........sometimes I like it when people ask me questions or don't mind it at least most of the time, once in awhile it iritates me now......I think I'm getting more and more hormonal though lately.....I have hot flashes and break down and cry for no reason wierd things like that! I can only sleep in a few positions well two and have a hard time not sleeping on my hands wich from the swelling and carpel tunnel are pretty much permanently numb now....I hope that goes away I just can't see getting surgery before having the baby so hopefully that doesn't bite me in the butt......I really am thankfull to be pregnant but I'm ready to have my body back and get it in better shape and meet this little one that keeps moving around in my stomach. It really is weird to me to think I have a baby in my stomach, it just doesn't seem really real that way yet I guess. I'm not too eager to go through labor though so when it is it is........I'm going to try and go without an epidural........I wonder if I'll even last 10 minutes but honestly the thought of a needle in my spine sounds less appealing to me then horrific cramps and I want to experience it as it is naturaly...yeah I know I may change my mind fast on all that.....all that really matters to me is that he gets here safely and healthy :).

3 comments:

Melody said...

You will do great, Jill! I am so excited for you. I remember how excited I was to meet my firt little one and see what our Harrison babies would look like. It's the greatest! Good luck.

*Sarah* said...

Okay...here are a few thoughts to hopefully reassure you that you'll be just fine.
#1. The spinal needle which provides the epidural is a bazillion times less painful than going thru labor without it. For me, getting the IV needle started in my arm was much less painful than the spinal. You won't even notice the needle going in because they numb the skin surface first.
#2. The baby isn't in your stomach, dork!! If it was you would be digesting a baby!
#3. I totally could relate to your feelings of nervousness... they are totally normal. But just think...as soon as the baby is out, you'll quickly forget all of your pregnancy worries because you'll have a beautiful little baby in your arms.

Best of luck!! Call me!

Susan Dunlap said...

I second Sarah's and Melody's wise words! You will do just great! You have a team of professionals to guide you through this journey and the result is one of life's most precious miracles! Personally, I can't wait to meet and hold Rilan!