Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Latest Greatest Goal.

Well with the goal of my first 5k under my belt, I've decided to focus this month on weight loss, that wonderfully horrible plaque that has been my nemeses for too long.  Oh well it must be done and so day by dreay day I'm tackling it.......Can you tell I'm sick of it today, that I really just want to have something like a huge piece of chocolate cake....oh well.. I decided to make a goal of 10lbs and to be very diligent till I reach it.     I'm setting June 1st  as my goal deadline and am already almost half way there so yeay, but I know that when I relax for awhile I'll gain half of that back so no great relaxing on the food end for me yet.
 I really find an i phone application called Tap and Track to be such a help, I can keep track of all my calories right there and track my weight and see how I'm doing with food on the recommended 40:30:30 ratio....40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein.  I've noticed even when I try and eat more protein, I'm still usually, short of that, and so that is a big part of my eating well is eating more protein, fruits and veggies.  I really do feel better when I eat right, but loosing weight is hard work, it wears on you a little, in fatigue and other areas but I know it will be worth it.   So that's the news on my personal goal front for you lone or near lone followers :)

3 comments:

Melody said...

I feel your pain. Don't be too hard on yourself--it is a WHOLE lot harder to lose weight when you are tired from chasing a new baby around and getting up with him in the night. Do you ever give yourself a free meal where you can eat whatever you'd like? I know several diet plans will do that just once a week, and that makes a difference to me (especially if I'm out on a date with Kelly :-)). Anyway, hang in there. Remember that the goal should not be to be skinny, but to be healthy.

Jill And Thain said...

Thanks Melody!! Good ideas! Yeah I've totally given up on skinny and Healthy is my main goal.... :). I think one's healthy point looks and feels best anyhow :)

Jill And Thain said...

Well I only made it 2/3 through my goal weight by June but it's better then none at all or gaining!! I plan to crack down on this again after Maine and try for another 5k in late summer or early fall!