Saturday, March 27, 2010

My 5k blues

Only weeks before I'm supposed to run my first 5k, Rilan and I both got horrible colds, not the sniffly kind but the kind that knocks you off your feet, so now just a week and a day before the big run, I have not worked out in a whole week.   I just started feeling normal again yesterday and so did a training hill walk workout today and though it was a little harder then before, it went well enough and I'm going to have to run monday and another day next week to be ready for the 5k.
   Also, despite being sick and not even being able to taste food much I managed somehow with my great talent at it to gain back 4 pounds of the weight I'm trying very hard to shed!  Oh well keep plugging along is all I can do.  It feels good to be almost all better and able to get a half decent work out in today anyhow!
(hey on a side note, does anyone know how to put a video on a blog??  I tried to download one little clip of rilan crawling after the roomba but I think it was too big a file to do though I've seen people post video's so if anyone knows anything that would be great! ;))

2 comments:

*Sarah* said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! I am really excited about the upcoming race and seeing you finish! Don't stess over gaining the 4 lbs, it'll come off. Love you! :)

Alisa said...

You're going to be just fine on Sunday!

4 lbs--don't sweat it, it'll be off in no time.

To upload a video, there is a button near the photo upload button that's for videos.