Wednesday, March 3, 2010

$$$$$$$$.....MONEY MONEY MONEY...$$$$$$$$$$$

Ok so one of my goals is to spend more wisely, I don't get myself into trouble or really ever spend where I've had to pay interest on my spending but somehow everytime I go to the store, especially places like walmart I spend way more then I want and do way too much impulse buying so my goal yesterday while doing errands, was to just get what's on my list....what do I do??  I buy a 40 dollar pool for Rilan and a 260 dollar camera for me and a few other extras.....the other camera we had broke the lens off and I really want a camera and this is the one I wanted so I'd probably buy those things again but wow...I really need to work on this.  You know what's really scary to me though the people running our country are so much worse at this then me!!  Our national debt as of feb 11 is 12.3 trillion!! Thats 12,349,324,464,284..
40,615 for every person in the US and if you include the liabilitys the government has like social security, medicare and employee retirment and veterans benifts its 195,152 per person (http://www.justfacts.com/nationaldebt.asp) ... I don't know about you but I don't have that hanging around!! Plus unless we do something it will get so much worse in the future being 79.7 trillion in 10 years, 20 years 107.1 trillion and in 50 years 260 trillion....so just tax the rich?...sorry but even they won't be able to pay that if things continue as they are and if we were to take ALL their revenue pretty soon.. I personally feel taxing anywhere near 50 percent even for the rich is corrupt and its way more if you add up all the tax sourses, for those actually willing to pay...I read an article dated nov. 15, 2008 when the debt was a little over 10 1/2 trillion that stated that for every man women and children to pay this off they'd have to work 2.6 years at min wage income free and if we take away saddling the children and retirees that's 2-4 years of slavery to pay this off and that's assuming none of them live off the gov't dont pay taxes or such ( a big assumption and in- correct one)...well you say we're not paying for it....hmm if your paying taxes yeah we are and just paying the interest alone we are paying 300 billion/year towards the debt, just the interest, if it continues as is, it will be 800 billion/yr in just 2 YEARS...that's almost a trillion going just to interest...HOLY COW!!!! 
I'm sorry but when the gov't says it wants to take on Health Care I say HECK NO!!!   I know there are problems with health care, and Ideally I'd love everybody to be covered and not have to worry about it much but you know most people will abuse whats free, that they don't have to work for and then their freedoms will be taken away to judge for themselves and do what they want for their health but take away all the reasons other then financial and because of irresponsible financial managment by gov't officials over many years I say NO WAY!!  the stimulus bill added 10000 to every personal person's responsibility for the debt and was so full of extra  "impulse"  spends that the bill wasn't even supposed to be about...I'm sorry but when people say it's urgent to act now.....that's bull when your spending that kind of money IT IS URGENT that we get our gov't spending down and be responsible, it is just not something that we can take lightly and I'm sorry to say but it is taken extremely lightly...how when Medicare, medicade, the post office, social security etc are all going bankrupt,(exuse me are bankrupt and insustainalbe) should we assume we can take on EVERYONE's healthcare and have it not be something where it's a serious step down..?????  Common sense just is not there, I'm sorry, I know they are talking about reforming it or listening to Republican ideas more and in different debt free universe I'd say cool but....I don't care if it's the republican's idea or the democorats or the sasquash's it just isn't something we can even think about affording right now.. It's rediculous.   Ok I'm going off on this and trust me there is pages more I want to ramble on about, but basically I just want to say,  like any household out of control with spending or person they are ROBBING THE FUTURE for less important wants and needs or EXTRAs and it's not just robbing it, it maybe in this case DESTROYING the future..I'm sorry but I just don't know how it will be sustainable if things keep going as they are, it's not just Obama, the problem was getting serious probably when he was still in diapers, but why can't he stand up now and do what's necessary and prudent and wise instead of continue bad decisions and policys and examples at an alarmingly faster pase then any president before him???  ACK!!!  Money Money Money.... doesn't grow on trees!

No comments: